Some might argue that table tennis in England is rather similar to tennis, despite differences in social status, atmosphere, exercise and rules. Lets start with the similarities..
- Both sport uses a racket, even if the size and materials may vary.
- In both sports you use a ball, despite a table tennis ball being quite a bit lighter and smaller.
- You have to win at least 3 sets to win the match.
- You can play double or single.
- You need to have better physical condition in tennis, while pace, screws and ball control is more important in table tennis.
- The tournaments in tennis is way more prestigious and well known, such as Wimbledon compared to limited amount of followers in the European table tennis championship.
- You win considerably more money in tennis compared to table tennis.
- Tennis betting is common among people up for a challenge and the odds are generous, compared to few people betting in table tennis.